Baton Rouge Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer
Louisiana Motor Vehicle Accident Injury Attorneys
Motor vehicle accidents are one of the most common causes of personal injury claims. Your whole life can change because of another driver’s carelessness. If someone you love dies in a motor vehicle accident, the emotional and financial distress you face can be overwhelming.
At Joubert Law Firm, our Baton Rouge personal injury attorneys understand the challenges you face following a motor vehicle accident and are passionate about righting any wrongs done to you by another’s negligence. We can assist you with any questions you may have and help ensure that your rights to pursue compensation for your injuries are protected. Call us at (225) 761-3822 to schedule your free consultation today.
Motor Vehicle Accident Cases We Handle
At Joubert Law Firm, our attorneys can help you pursue a civil claim for personal injury and wrongful death following your motor vehicle accident.
Some of the more common motor vehicle accident cases we handle include:
Every car accident case is different, but oftentimes, victims of these collisions find that the repercussions may follow them for years to come. Some people will still suffer chronic pain decades later, even after extensive medical treatment and medication. A Baton Rouge car accident lawyer like those at Joubert Law Firm can make sure that victims of car wrecks receive just compensation for the damages they experience as a result of another’s negligence.
Despite the extensive motorcyclist protection laws implemented and motorcycle safety precautions, thousands of motorcycle accidents occur every year. Motorcycle accidents tend to have serious injuries or fatal outcomes, so having injury lawyers that are experienced and have high success rates is essential. Joubert Law Firm, has the knowledge, experience, and empathy you need for your Baton Rouge motorcycle accident case.
Accidents caused by large commercial vehicles often give way to more extreme or devastating injuries, extensive medical expenses, emotional distress, property damage, and increased chances of wrongful death. There are many reasons why semi-truck collisions may occur, including driver error, overworked and exhausted driving, improper loading and weight distribution, or even a faulty part. Further, there are many parties that may be held liable for these accidents, including the truck driver, their employer, the manufacturer, passing vehicles, and more. Our Baton Rouge 18-wheeler accident lawyers can help you seek maximum compensation by either reaching a settlement or proceeding to trial.
Bicycles are a great way to get around, providing fresh air and exercise while being cost-effective and leaving a low carbon footprint. Unfortunately, The Federal Highway Administration recognized Baton Rouge as a focus city where pedestrian and bike traffic accidents are more common and often more fatal.
Even at low speeds, bicycle accidents can result in severely injured victims. As such, financial compensation can be high-yielding, but these cases can also be very complicated in confirming bodily injury liability. Those who experience injuries from accidents involving bicycles should always consider hiring an experienced Baton Rouge bicycle accident injury lawyer to help in recovering compensation.
Baton Rouge pedestrian accidents can lead to grave injuries, even with a vehicle traveling at a very slow speed. The rise in reckless driving and social disengagement is a key factor as to why traffic data for pedestrian deaths rose in 2021 and continues to increase. Parking lots, outside of schools, and unmarked crossings are the 3 places where extra caution for pedestrians is needed. A personal injury lawyer at Joubert Law Firm can help victims of pedestrian accidents seek compensation for all accident-related expenses.
Boating Accidents and Maritime Claims
In Louisiana, where people frequently enjoy fishing and other recreational activities in or around the water, boating education is an absolute must. Unfortunately, there is always the potential risk of someone acting negligently and causing a boating accident. Boating accidents and maritime claims vary from a typical personal injury claim in a number of ways. As such, it is important that you obtain the legal guidance of an experienced Baton Rouge boating accident attorney that specializes in maritime claims.
Causes of Motor Vehicle Accidents
Speeding, cell phone usage, reckless driving, and intoxication are a few of the main factors contributing to both automobile and boating accidents. We’ll provide more information regarding the common causes of motor vehicle accidents below:
- Speeding: Speeding-related car accidents accounted for 9,478 fatalities in 2019, according to the National Safety Council. Whether someone was speeding because they were late for work, trying to keep pace with traffic, or it was unintentional, speeding is the contributing factor for at least 26% of all car accident fatalities.
- Distracted Driving: Many people falsely believe they can multitask between driving and being on a phone, eating, doing makeup, and more. While driving, though, even a mere moment of inattention can lead to a collision with another driver, pedestrian, or even a stationary object like a pole or wall.
- Driving Under the Influence: When it comes to car accident cases, drunk driving or driving while under the influence of drugs is a common contributing factor. In fact, on average, nearly 28 deaths occur every day in the U.S. as a result of drunken driving.
- Running Red Lights/Stop Signs: Blowing through an intersection, stop sign, or red light caused hundreds of deaths and tens of thousands of injuries every year.
- Reckless Driving: Careless operation of a vehicle is defined by Louisiana law as “any person operating a motor vehicle on the public roads of this state that does not drive in a careful and prudent manner, so as not to endanger the life, limb, or property of any person.” Essentially, it is the indifference towards the property and safety of others while driving. This could entail a number of human errors such as unsafe lane changes, disobeying traffic laws, weaving in and out of traffic, and more.
- Aggressive Driving: This may include speeding, tailgating, traffic weaving, red-light running, brake checking, excessive horn use, cutting off others, failure to yield, or any mixture of these dangerous road rage behaviors, among many others.
- Fatigued Driving: Any impairment to a driver’s ability, including sleepiness, drowsiness, and exhaustion, detracts from a driver’s ability to respond, react, or analyze road conditions and act appropriately. A car wreck often occurs as a result.
Other factors that are not related to human error but could still result in a traffic accident include unsafe weather conditions, poor road design or maintenance, and defective car parts. No matter the reason, if someone else’s negligence caused a traffic collision and lead to your injuries, please do not hesitate to contact a skilled and caring Baton Rouge car accident lawyer from our law firm as soon as possible. We are happy to provide you with a free consultation to evaluate and discuss your potential for a personal injury lawsuit.
Car Accident Injuries
Just as there are several potential causes of a car crash, there are a number of both major and minor injuries that car accident victims may sustain. Some of the injuries our car accident attorneys typically see in the personal injury cases we take on include:
- Soft tissue injuries, including injury to the muscles, ligaments, and tendons
- Broken bones
- Strains and sprains
- Scapes, cuts, and lacerations
- Nerve damage
- Head injuries, such as concussions
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injury, including paralysis
- Facial injury, including facial burns, scarring, and disfigurement
- Chest injuries, including broken ribs and sternum bone fractures
- Internal organ damage
It is important that those who have suffered injuries in Baton Rouge car accidents reach out to injury lawyers who can help them obtain justice and secure damages for the harm that was caused.
What To Do After a Baton Rouge Car Accident
- First, you should call 911 and the authorities. This will create a formal record of the incident. You’ll want to obtain a copy of the police’s traffic collision report.
- If you are able to, you should then acquire evidence and information at the accident scene. This includes the other driver’s name, contact info, license plate number, driver’s license number, and insurance information. You should also try to acquire pictures of the site of the car accident, including things like property damage and tire marks.
- Receive medical treatment, even if you believe your injuries are minor. This establishes a record of your harm, which is vital to proving your claims. If the pain doesn’t dissipate with time or other symptoms begin to occur, get reevaluated and continue any and all medical care or treatment as suggested by your medical professional(s).
- Contact a car accident lawyer immediately. Seeking assistance from a qualified personal injury law firm should be one of your primary concerns in any personal injury or car accident lawsuit. A car accident attorney can help gather evidence, clarify your rights, explain your legal options, and deal with communications with the other party and their insurance company. They will also work on building and strengthening your case to ensure you obtain justice and recover compensation via a settlement or trial.
- Do not provide a statement or agree to any deal/settlement from an insurance provider without a car accident attorney to give you insight and a professional legal opinion. Doing so too soon and without proper legal guidance could allow the insurer to lowball you or deny you compensation entirely. Obtain a personal injury car accident lawyer early on and allow them to handle all communication and negotiations.
What Damages Can I Recover From My Motor Vehicle Accident?
If a car accident caused you or a loved one to sustain injuries, filing a personal injury claim can help ensure your receive compensation for both economic and non-economic losses you may have experienced.
Economic Damages Include:
- Medical bills, including all past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages, including loss of future earning capacity
- Accommodations for disability
- Physical rehab/therapy
- Property damage
Non-Economic Damages Include:
- Pain & suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
There are also some rare instances for punitive damages to be awarded, which work to penalize the culpable party for deliberate, fraudulent, or woefully negligent actions.
Why Do I Need a Louisiana Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer?
As most individuals filing a claim don’t have the necessary legal experience and background, obtaining the help of a qualified legal professional is typically the best call. An experienced Baton Rouge car accident attorney can do a number of things to help you after an auto accident. For starters, car accident lawyers understand the legal aspects that influence your case and what your options are, how best to clarify them to you, and what the insurance company can and cannot do. They can also handle dealing with the insurance company and claims process, ensuring the insurance company responds without violating your rights, lowballing you, delaying the claim, or any number of other bad faith tactics.
All the while, your Baton Rouge auto accident lawyer will defend and protect your rights at all costs and pursue every opportunity for fair and maximum compensation to cover all of your damages. Though almost 90% of all car accident claims are settled outside of court, if a settlement cannot be reached, your lawyer will represent you in court in a personal injury suit.
Call Top Baton Rouge Auto Accident Attorneys at Joubert Law Firm
At Joubert Law Firm, we are determined to obtain compensation for any and all damages the accident caused our clients. We do this by dealing with car insurance providers, communicating with opposing parties, handling legal proceedings, negotiating fair settlements, and even taking cases to trial, if necessary.
If you or someone you love has suffered injuries due to someone else’s negligent or reckless behavior on the roads, call our law office in Baton Rouge at (225) 761-3822 as soon as possible. We will evaluate the legal issues of your case and advise you on the following steps. You may also reach out to us online for a free case review.
While we do not guarantee the outcome in our clients’ cases, we have built a solid reputation for getting optimal outcomes. Read about some of our case results here.
As a thank you to all military members and veterans and to show our appreciation for your sacrifice and service, we would like to offer a discount for your legal cases.
Multi-Million Dollar Results
Schedule a Free Consultation