Note: We will keep all applications in strict confidence.
Note: This position is on-site.
Note: This is a part-time position. For the right candidate, full-time is available.
Do you love helping people and serving those who need it? Do you enjoy working in an upbeat, energetic law office? Are you one of those people who always has the job done before anyone asks you to do it? Do you have mad organizational skills and love creating order?
Joubert Law Firm is looking for a law clerk who is motivated and a self-starter for our Baton Rouge office.
Our law clerks handle personal injury cases and first-party property damage claims from inception to resolution.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- opening new client files;
- opening and reporting claims to insurance companies;
- placing lien holders on notice;
- drafting representation letters;
- obtaining police reports;
- ordering medical records/bills;
- assisting clients with scheduling medical treatment;
- assisting clients with property damage claims;
- frequently communicating with clients;
- draft settlement demands;
- maintaining and updating our case management software, and
- draft some legal documents (petitions, motions, propound/respond to discovery, prepare deposition notices, schedule depositions, and issue subpoenas).
Our law clerks establish caring relationships with our clients and collaborative partnerships with our attorneys and support team. They have extensive contact with insurance adjusters, medical providers, and other parties involved in our cases.
Our law clerk position is for someone seeking to learn how to practice law correctly, with the possibility of long-term growth opportunities.
At Joubert Law Firm, our approach to clients is of service, compassion, and respect. We aim to do everything we reasonably can to help our clients recover physically, emotionally, and financially.
We are looking for people who are:
- Responsible, trustworthy;
- Accountable for results;
- Meticulous attention to accuracy, detail, and organization;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office 365 based computer programs;
- Proficient in case management software;
- Proficient in LexisNexis;
- Able to multi-task and function positively in a fast-paced environment; and
- Able to make timely decisions in the face of obstacles, difficulties, and challenges
Experience is desired but not required.
** IMPORTANT: TO APPLY **
You will be evaluated and vetted based on your ability to follow instructions.
BEFORE applying, please call 225-330-7816 for step-by-step instructions.
Why you should work here:
Joubert Law Firm is an incredibly fast-moving, innovative law firm that delivers the best client experience and legal representation to each client while impacting our communities. We're all about working hard and staying humble. In the spirit of humblebragging, here are some of our awards and accolades:
- 6-time Member of the LSU 100: Fastest Growing Tiger Owned Businesses
- 5.0 Google Rating with over 175 reviews
- Thomson Reuters has selected our owner John Joubert as a Super Lawyer from 2019-2023
- Decorated Army Veteran-Owned Business
If you're looking for a boring, easy job, you won't find that here. We put 110% into everything we do. Greatness is achieved through hard but smart work and discipline; we're determined to be great.
We're not crazy; we just believe in what we do.
If you'd like to be part of a growing, well-respected, collaborative, and awesome team, we can't wait to hear from you.
- Our ideal candidate will have at least some experience as a law clerk.
- Candidates should be familiar with the law, legal procedures and protocols, and the court system.
- Candidates should also know the basics of the day-to-day operations of a law office.
- Must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of case management software.
- Excellent communication and people skills are essential.
- Candidates must have organizational skills and be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously effectively.
Joubert Law currently offers its law clerks the following benefits:
- Flexible schedule, law school comes first!
- Great learning environment
- Corporate Wellness Program
- Joubert Law Firm Swag
The offered pay to a successful candidate will depend on several factors, including but not limited to years of experience within the job, years of experience within the industry, education, etc.
- You will become part of an awesome and unified company culture with an attentive CEO and team dedicated to success.
- You will work with people from all departments who are happy to help and teach as you work towards growth.
- You will experience working for a company that is leading the industry and constantly innovating. Complacency is not part of our culture.
- You will be in an environment that is always ready to tackle new initiatives and implement creative ideas.
- You will grow personally and professionally. Every measure is taken to ensure our team members thrive.
Bonus: If you aren't right for this position, but know the perfect person, send them this career description. If we hire them, we'll give you $100. For every person we hire, we ask them who referred them to us, and we pay the bonus to the referrer. That could be you if you share this career ad with a friend who's perfect for it. We will only pay one person for the referral.