Honest, Experienced, Aggressive, Compassionate and Caring Lawyers Addressing Family Law Issues in Louisiana and Beyond
Whether you’re considering a divorce, or you need to modify an existing court order regarding child custody or support, you need an experienced Family Lawyer Baton Rouge on your side.
At Joubert Law Firm, we recognize that family law matters involve the things and people that matter most in your life. You have worked hard to accumulate assets. It makes sense that you want to protect them in a divorce. Even more importantly, you want to protect your kids and safeguard your relationship with them.
In family law cases, a one-size-fits-all approach simply won’t work. Our Baton Rouge family law attorneys partner with the clients we serve to achieve solutions tailor-made for their families. We encourage you to give us a call so we can begin working toward a resolution that fits your family’s needs and goals.
Your Family Lawyer Baton Rouge
Our family law attorneys have earned a reputation for providing compassionate care and exceptional representation in all family law matters. We assist individuals and families in the following types of cases:
- Just because your divorce is contested does not mean you can’t resolve your case without the need for protracted litigation. We are aggressive when necessary, but we are also committed to helping our clients obtain superior results in an efficient, cost-effective way.
- Uncontested Divorce. If you and your spouse agree on all of the issues in your case, and you meet certain procedural requirements, you can obtain a divorce without a trial. Generally, uncontested divorce is less expensive and much faster than a contested case.
- Child Support. Under Louisiana Family Law, both parents have an obligation to provide their child with financial support. In the event of a divorce, one parent may have to pay monthly support payments to the other parent for the benefit of the child. Our family lawyer Baton Rouge will help you make sure these payments are fair and designed to help your child enjoy a standard of living similar to the one in place during your marriage.
- Child Custody. Few legal matters are more emotional and potentially heartrending as child custody. As a parent, you want to spend as much time as possible with your child. We will fight tirelessly to make sure your relationship with your child is not compromised by the divorce process.
- Sometimes called spousal support, alimony is designed to help the spouses continue the standard of living they enjoyed during the marriage. In the event one spouse is unable to fully support himself or herself, the court may order the other spouse to provide financial assistance for a certain period of time.
Our Baton Rouge family law lawyers assist clients at every stage of their case, beginning with filing the initial divorce paperwork and following through until the divorce is final. We pride ourselves in being by our client’s side every step of the way, providing child support, guidance, and peace of mind. Divorce can be an emotional process. Having an experienced, focused attorney in your corner can help you keep a cool head when you need it most.
Of course, life is never static. Long after your divorce is over, you may need to modify a court order or change a child visitation or support agreement. We help our clients with a full range of post-decree family law matters, including:
- Modification of child support
- Parental relocation
- Changes in child custody and visitation
- Enforcement of family court orders
We also help our clients protect their assets by drafting comprehensive prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
Whatever challenges you are facing in your family, we are confident we can help you achieve a solution that gives you hope and peace of mind for the future.
Contact Our Family Lawyer Baton Rouge Today
If you are facing a family law case, you can’t afford to move forward without the help of an experienced Baton Rouge family law firm. The family lawyer Baton Rouge at Joubert Law Firm are here to help you. Contact us today to talk to an attorney about your family law case. Get in touch with us through our online contact form or by phone. You can reach us at 225-761-3822